Sunday, July 09, 2006

Santa Fe and beyond

Whew! This is the first chance I've had to download pics from the 1st Annual Craftacular Trip and Retreat.
For our loyal readers (I know they're out there somewhere), here is a photo of all that we accomplished whilst in Santa Fe, all our trekking around notwithstanding.

And out of a great need for new posts, here are two things I worked on today even though they're not finished (I have no idea why this is being underlined). You'll note the absence of the silk bustle skirt. I have no idea what to do with that and have thrown it in a corner.

On a more successful note. The first quilt front is the result of doodling I did while being bombarded with 6.9 billion bar graphs via PowerPoint at one of the conferences that I was just at.


These second group of pieces are just from some fabric I've had laying around. Though, as you can see, I now have a small problem, as I've run out of the magenta fabric that I was using to frame the dragonflies. I suspect I'll probably just channel those women of Gee's Bend and use something all together random for that last piece. After that I'm not sure what I'm going to do.



Next up: playing around with the great rubber stamps that I got on our trip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's a machine, she is! I haven't crafted in an age. I need to channel some creativity I think ...

I think the gee's bend ladies would tell you to use a lighter pink or a magenta print. Don't you?

Anonymous said...

Wow! You go girl! I think the gee's bend would use an uggy(?) green!
I made a lap blanket and a travel pillow for a friend who is having knee surgery and it wore me out! You made 2 quilts!!

abi's mom said...

And where are the pictures of the lap blanket anfd the travel pillow? Hmmm????

No, no, I'm not a machine. I didn't finish either of those projects, please note. The powerpoint one is just the front, the other one is just 8 and 3/4 blocks floating about on their own. Both of your suggestions for the remaining 1/4 are good. I'll have to see what I've got in my stash. probably both!

Anonymous said...

I have pics but I'd like to stare at yours for a bit longer.

abi's mom said...

Stare away! But post your stuff soon, please!