Sunday, September 10, 2006

Playing catch-up

I thought I'd catch you all up on what I've been doing lately. I got tired of not being able to find long skirts and took matters into my own hands. The black and melon ones are linen. The green one is from silk that Rob brought back from China. And, K, you were with me when I bought the bamboo stuff to make a dress, again years ago. Hmmm...perhaps there's hope of using up my stash after all.

I started the turquoise necklace in Santa Fe, but I though it needed something else so I added another strand. The silver necklace and bracelet were inspired by some I saw in Sundance.

I also spent this morning at the Sully Quilt Festival in Chantilly, Va.


It was really quite nice--fabric, some crafts, quilts for sale. I got some nice fabric and a ton of ideas. You should think about coming for it next year. And K, you'll get a double header, as it's at the home of Robert E. Lee's uncle, Richard Bland Lee.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

go e, go! That's a very exciting post. I love the skirts -- can you please share what pattern you used so I can try it too? And what was the conversion on size -- 3 down from what the measurements said?? :)

Did you make the quilt in the pic?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! I love the jewelry. Is the silver all silver or is something mixed with it?

I would also like to know about the skirt pattern. There is nothing in the stores that I am willing to pay $$$$ for, besides the fact that most of the skirts are short.

Anonymous said...

PS the quilt is amazing. I could never get anything to square up like that!

Anonymous said...

Just to be clear---I did NOT make the quilt. It was one of a ton hanging around the park.

The silver is just silver--spacers, I guess.

The bamboo print skirt was the pattern that K had told me about--an elastic waist pull on. The other 3 are bias cut elastic waist. They're Simplicity #'s 7090 and 5505.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you about the coolest stuff that I found out about at a silver shop in Annapolis. Dr. Bronner's liquid peppermint soap takes tarnish off of silver jewellery--all you have to do is rub it around in your hands, no scrubbing necessary unless you've got a really tough spot. I got mine at Whole Foods and have put it in my hand soap dispenser.

Anonymous said...

It was actually 4 sizes different. It said I needed a 22 and I made a 14. What ARE they thinking?