Sunday, February 04, 2007

Rain after a drought

Enough is enough! As cute as that baby sweater and hat are, I think it's time to move on!

My project this weekend was to cover up the ugly electric box in our laundry/mud room. You'd think in this day and age this would be a non-issue, but nooooo...



I spent a lot of time trying to find a fun quote--"Cleanliness is next to godliness" wasn't doing it for me. ee cummings to the rescue once again!

The fabric the words are on is actually an aqua-y "iridescent" linen (the warp and weft threads are different colors).




Can't wait to hear about Patti's travels! Happy February (especially since Puxatawny Phil didn't see his shadow!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool, erica. much better than looking at that ugly electrical box. cool quote. i wish we could see the color of the fabric better.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Who would think to cover that with something so beautiful....Erica,of course! I am so inspired I even requested a book of e.e. cummings poems from my local library. Nice job!

Good to be back home but am hating the 4'-that's right-4'-of snow. Will share what I found on my trip whaen I get the laundry caught up.

Anonymous said...

You can find a lot of poems online, too.

4 feet???!!! Ugh. I think I'll stop complaining about our cold weather now.